Alan DeKok escribió:
Rafiqul Ahsan wrote:
I am facing some challenges on building Freeradius 2.0.5 (Solaris OS)
with openssl version 0.9.8h. The Solaris 10 come with prebuilt openssl
version, and found at /usr/sfw/bin/openssl, version 0.9.7d. Prior to
building freeradius I built newer version openssl (v.0.9.8h) located
in /usr/local/ssl. here are the two openssl version now I have in my
Solaris.

  Why not just install the OpenSSL from sunfreeware?  They have a
package pre-built...

When I built Freeradius 2.0.5 (I simply executed three comands,
./configure make and make install) , I was expecting that it would
build with my desired openssl version.

  Why?  How does it know what you desire?  Did you configure the linker
to prefer one version over the other?  Did you configure the C "include"
references to prefer one over the other?

this. I sent openssl community this question, they wanted me to verify
whether I actualy built the freeradius with this new openssl version.

  Well... of course.

I am not able to understand what library it is actually built with,
because I could not figure out from build log, nor the configure. But
if I use the configure options as below, I see a rolling error (that
telling me that I must not have built the freeradius with openssl
0.9.8h ?) :

  No idea.
Text relocation remains                         referenced
    against symbol                  offset      in file
<unknown>                           0x0
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.a(ssl_lib.o)

  That's a fairly useless error.  Are you sure that the libssl.a file is
really a library, and not something else?

  Alan DEKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

I'm not sure and i'm not an expert, but *.a files are only headers files. Cross-compiling wpa_supplicant i had to use it (libssl32.a i remember) and, because is a only headers file, i had to use it's equivalent *.dll file, which it IS a library. Also i don't know anything about "h" version of openssl but i have debian with openssl package that comes in the installation and a compiled version by me too. In theory you only need to tell compiler where are the libraries, header files etc.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html