Greg wrote:
Hi all,

Are there still plans to add in GnuTLS support for freeradius, or have
those died?  I looked through the mail archives and found references
to people wanting to do it in 2003 and 2006, against pre-2.0 code, and
wondered if things had changed (either in freeradius or gnutls) to
make it more or less likely.

I'm a Debian user caught by their licensing trap, and I hateses
compiling and revisioning one-off packages for something so simple.
This may or may not be relevant or helpful to you, but Red Hat and the Fedora project has slowly been migrating packages from OpenSSL to NSS (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss). This is motivated by the fact NSS is FIPS-140 certified which is often a requirement in government and enterprise deployments, more conducive licensing, and a desire to consolidate crypto libraries for purely practical software management reasons. FreeRADIUS has been identified as a candidate for porting to NSS and is on the to-do list. When that porting work is completed you will have an alternative to OpenSSL. Please note this work has not yet begun and there is no target date yet, but volunteers to help would be greatly appreciated and of course would surely speed up the process :-)

--
John Dennis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>