kesm0724 wrote:
> Is there anything special (ntlm_auth, ldap_attr,etc) that I need to configure
> for FreeRadius to recognize that an active directory account has expired and
> the user needs to be prompted to change his/her password?

  The server doesn't support "change password" requests.  The MS-CHAP
extensions are undocumented && Microsoft proprietary.  Even if
FreeRADIUS implemented them, Samba would need to implement them, too.

>  I am not even
> receiving the "user needs to change password" dialogue box from the Cisco
> VPN client.

  I'm not even sure it's possible to do that without using undocumented
Microsoft extensions.  You could try adding a Reply-Message attribute,
and maybe the VPN will show them to the user.  Or maybe not.  It's up to
the VPN if it shows messages, and many don't.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html