Alan DeKok wrote:
Tim Palmer wrote:
Full disclosure - I did try an install from ports, then removed the port
and rerun ldconfig. I did not recompile/install freeradius after the
port excercise.
=======
Why yes, I did map Cleartext-Password, since the debug error ( and
various list postings) seemed clear on that:

ldap.attrmap:
checkItem       Cleartext-Password              userPassword

  Don't do this.  Delete this line.  It's the SOURCE of all the problems.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

To no one's surprise, you all are correct that auto_header shouldn't be needed in the ldap module. The Cleartext-Password mapping didn't help, but my base, original problem was carrying over a "password_header = "{crypt}" entry in the ldap module from our old (1.0.1) configuration.

Thanks for making it clear I shouldn't accept something just because it works, if it isn't how it should work.

--
Tim Palmer
BestWeb Support