So, I was going to use eap-tls to have the windows xp workstations sign into the wireless network before the user logs on (by assigning a cert to the machine account) but tls is not working for users or machines and I would like to have a backup. I have eap-peopv0 and eap-ttls working fine but they require a client username and password to connect and those are not supplied until the user logs in. We have many clients here on roaming profiles, so their profiles time out if I set them to peap or ttls since the wireless doesnt fire up in time after they log in.

Is there a way to get peap or ttls (with ttls I use the SecureW2 client) to connect before the user logs on? I know that sounds lame because peap and ttls need a username and password... but maybe we can assign it statically in the background to the machine account or something? What are others doing? I really dont want wpa2-aes with a psk.

Thanks for any ideas. Hopefully I can get the eap-tls thing sorted out with help but would like a backup plan.

-Josh
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html