On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, t...@kalik.net wrote:

I'm just getting back to this problem. I'm lost as to how to implement
either of these solutions. To summarise, I want to either remove, or just
not send, any Reply-Message when the user fails authentication. Where
would I put this attr_filter to delete it, and what does the attr_filer
look like? I imagine this is documented, but I can't find the relevant
bits.

 Use attr_filter to delete it.

You don't have to put it - it's already there in Post-Auth-Type REJECT.
Just remove Reply-Message from attrs.access_reject file.

 Or, update the rules to add the Reply-Message in the "post-auth" section.

Use unlang in Post-Auth-Type REJECT.

update reply {
    Reply-Message := whatever
}