Hi,
> There is nothing related to eap to comment out in these files...
> Should I create a certificate? Is it compulsory?

hang on - do you actually HAVE any EAP cert/CA files that you are referencing
in eap.conf?

read eap.conf - see what files it is trying to read (cert, CA , pkcs12, random,
etc)
and check you actually HAVE those files.  if you have those files, then ensure
that the
permissions for the directory and files are suitable for reading - you DONT
EVER want 777

with 777 i could own your server and take over your infrastructure - you only
want read
permissions on the files...for the relavant user that the freeradius daemon is
running as
(usually radiusd)

what does

id radiusd