I hope this implementation will satisfy Borislav too. Will he be able to
instantiate different perl scripts for different needs?

So, when do I start testing :)

Hi,

Yes, being able to instantiate and use several rlm_perl instances with different scripts to take care of different circumstances is what will make me and many others (I think) happy. Sacrificing the *_clones flexibility for lower memory footprint, better performance and more importantly code is certainly worth doing it, if people are still able to have multiple rlm_perl instances. I imagine that probably the best way will be to have X (the number of rlm_perl instances) per system thread - this is the way it'd be if they were different modules (like sql, preprocess etc) which custom Perl scripts executing under rlm_perl a kind of are... For now I downgraded to 2.0.5 which works perfect for me but will be happy to help with testing (on some client's production system... don't tell anyone ;-) ).

OFFTOPIC:
Btw, do you know of some existing effort to develop rlm_ruby? What's its state etc? I had the ambition to develop something like that myself but don't have the time anymore :-(.