Hi, guys,

I have successfully set up FreeRADIUS server to use Active Directory to authenticate LAN users. My authorize{} and authenticate{} section configuration in radiusd.conf file looks like this:

authorize {
       preprocess
       eap
       mschap
   }
authenticate {
       Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
       mschap
       }
   eap
   }

As u see, in both sections there is modules eap and mschap mentioned. Can anybody tell me why it is so? Or where to look for the answer? I have been checking the logs from running radius in debug mode but i cannot find the definite answer, for example, in conversation between radius server and supplicant, mschap in authorize section always returns noop, so my question is- why it is needed there if it always returns noop?

Thank you.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html