Am 04.06.2009 um 13:39 schrieb Marco De Magistris:

Hi all,

Sorry, but I’m confused about HMAC-MD5 method.
I’m working on Radius Proxy Implementation.

The scenario is the following

RADIUS Client -> Radius Proxy -> Radius Server.

Radius Client sends a Radius Packet towards Radius Proxy (Message- Authenticator not used).

Radius Proxy sends the Radius Packet towards Radius Server using HMAC-MD5 method. How to configure RADIUS Proxy? Should I add MD5- Password Attribute? MD5-Password is identical to Shared Secret between Radius Proxy and Radius Server?

Be careful that using MD5 is not possible with all authenfication methods:
http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html
(as you cannot uncrypt a hash)

Thanks in advance
      Marco

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Have a nice day!

Nicolas Goutte

extragroup GmbH - Karlsruhe
Waldstr. 49
76133 Karlsruhe
Germany

Geschäftsführer: Stephan Mönninghoff, Hans Martin Kern, Tilman Haerdle
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Münster / HRB: 5624
Steuer Nr.: 337/5903/0421 / UstID: DE 204607841

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html