On 08/03/2009 03:16 PM, Alan Buxey wrote:
hi,

hoping that their password for their PC account is the same as you have in
LDAP or AD... hwta you need to do is enable the nt fix stuff in the mschap
module etc - and then ,when doing auth, use the stripped username, dont use
the mschap:username etc - this will be a plain user name without the domain
part.
Passwords are the same. I believe I did set the with_ntdomain_hack as shown below. How would I go about checking which user name I am using when doing auth?

Module: Instantiating mschap
 mschap {
   use_mppe = yes
   require_encryption = yes
   require_strong = yes
   with_ntdomain_hack = yes
 }

When I set the with_ntdomain_hack = yes in Preprocess instead of in mschap I did run into the issue of the username used to authenticate was different from that used to authorize. I have since turned that off as suggested by by may people on the mailing list. How do I tell which user name I am using for auth? (do you mean authorize or authenticate when you use abbreviate as auth?) Also how do I specify one or the other to use for auth?

--
Mark Saner
System Administrator

msa...@hustlerturf.com