Marinko

This sounds like a race will take place between the two processes if there is
no co-ordination. If (as you say) you are able to start mysqld after radiusd
then I think if you look at tail of /var/log/radius/radius.log you will see
something like:

Starting connect to MySQL server for #0
Couldn't connect socket to MySQL server r...@127.0.0.1:radius
Mysql error 'Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (61)'
Failed to connect DB handle #0
Ready to process requests.

and then messages about radiusd managing to re-aquire the db handles later on -
eg:

Trying to (re)connect unconnected handle 3..
Starting connect to MySQL server for #3
got socket 3 after skipping 0 unconnected handles

There needs to be a wait-on-mysql option for radiusd startup - surely?? What
baffles me is that I'm a newbie here and surely all the veteran users have long
since flushed this problem out into the open - or does nobody EVER use the NAS
sql extensions??

JD