09/18/2009 05:41 PM, Ivan Kalik::
sqlcounter dailycounter
    {
      counter-name = Daily-Session-Time
      check-name = Max-Daily-Session
      reply-name = Session-Timeout
      sqlmod-inst = sql
      key = User-Name
      reset = daily
      query = "SELECT SUM(AcctSessionTime - \
               GREATER((%b - AcctStartTime::ABSTIME::INT4), ..."
    }
What is wrong?
freeradius does not start because " "SQL Counter" modules
aren't allowed in 'accounting' sections".
It is told to put it in 'accounting'...
No, you weren't told to put it there. Read again my message about where
are you supposed to list it.

from stock radiusd.conf, arround line #1488:
        #  [...]
        #  The module should be added in the instantiate, authorize and
        #  accounting sections.  [...]
Ivan, I merged your explanation with what is in the documentation.
Of course you did not tell me "accounting" but, I read it in radiusd.conf.

Should I remove it from "accounting {...}" or move it elsewhere?

When I think about it, placing it in "accounting" is a bit useless, because the
counter call occurs when "radreply" (after authentication).
It seems logical not to have to put it in here...

But as well as I begin with RADIUS in general,...

Your advices are welcome.

                                   +261 34 29 155 34