Hi,

> we do have one realm configured domainname.com which works perfectly. every
> user who wants to authenticate with a different realm is proxied to an
> outside radius. server. the setup works fine.
>
> we do have some mobile devices who send something like:
> usern...@company.com@wlan.mnc003.mc
> usern...@company.com@Verisign...

as Stefan says - this looks suspiciously like Nokia Symbian clients.
if the client hasnt been configured correctly it will send the CN
of the certificate as the realm details...and other things - so you get
that double realm issue... which might get to you via external proxy..
or might not.

reject if you see more than one @ - or, if these are your people,
find them and fix their client. (in case of Nokia, its ensure that the
realm is specified rather than left to default setting.

alan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html