Hi everyone maybe you can help me.

I have a small network of about 10 windows XP machines.  I need to set these
machines up so that my users can log into any of these machines.

For me the simplest solution to solve this would be a windows 2003 server
domain controller.  Unfortunately due to some corporate restrictions I cannot
install a windows server.

I was told that a Radius server could accomplish the same thing for me.  Is
this true?

Basically I just need a way for my users to sit down at any of the windows XP
workstations and log into it.  I don't need anything special like "roaming
profiles" and such.

All I need is for a way for a windows user to sit down at any computer and type
in a user name and password in order to gain access to use the computer.  I saw
the tutorials online but I don't think this is what I need.  Something about
setting up a VPN and adding certs and such.  I need freeRadius to control
access to user the computer not to gain access to a network resource.

I have installed freeRadius and got it up and running on openSUSE but I am not
really sure how to configure it according to what I need (if it can be done at
all).

Am I making sense or am I way off base?

Does someone have a document I can follow that will tell me how to configure
freeradius so that my windows users can authenticate against it?

thanks