Hello,

We just upgraded one of our FreeRadius servers from 1.3 to 2.0 (part of a debian upgrade from Etch to Lenny).

Anyway one of the problems I'm having is updating the "proxy.conf" file.
It states that one should move away from the "realm" entry to the "home_server" entry. So I have changed this entry in the proxy.conf file:

realm somedomain.net {
        type            = radius
        authhost        = wendy.somedomain.net:1645
        accthost        = LOCAL
        secret          = ItsSecret
        nostrip
}

to:

home_server somedomain.net {
       type                   = auth
       virtual_server         = wendy.somedomain.net
       port                   = 1645
       secret                 = ItsSecret
       response_window        = 7
       zombie_period          = 40
       status_check           = status-server
       check_interval         = 20
       num_answers_to_alive   = 3
}

I had tried the "ipaddr =" command as well. Anyway the authentication request to the wendy.somedomain.net server is not getting through using this new "home_server" entry.

What am I doing wrong"

Thanks,

Ken
-