Hi,

>  I recently upgraded one of our freeradius servers from 1.3.3 to 2.0.4. We
> use this for mac authentication for wireless which is working fine and also
> ldap authentication for our vpn users.

just to note there was never a 1.3 or a 1.3.3 version of FreeRADIUS. the 1x
train has 1.0.3 or 1.1.3
but stops, currently at 1.1.8

> The problem I am having with the ldap authentication is that when a user
> tries to authenticate with their u...@domain, it does not work! However, it
> works fine if the user does not add the domain name. Is there a glitch with
> v2.0.4 or a configuration issue that I am missing?

any particular reason for the 2.0.4 version? there were many bugs in the 2.0.x
train - I would serious
consider running the latest 2.1.x release  (version 2.1.8)

> I am using this in the ldap config:-
> filter = "(sAMAccountName=%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}})"
>
> but the Stripped-User-Name appears to be blank when using debug mode.

the full debug will show what and why things happen to the Stripped-User-Name -
did you migrate you config to 2.0.4 or just dump the 1.x config over the top? if
you did the latter then you are doomed to wierd issues happening.

alan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html