----- Message de hutch...@tarcanfel.org ---------
    Date : Mon, 19 Apr 2010 19:41:44 -0500
     De : Jonathan Hutchins <hutch...@tarcanfel.org>
 Objet : Re: PopTop
À : FreeRadius users mailing list <freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org>

On Monday 19 April 2010 07:16:52 pm Thibault Le Meur wrote:

Please can you explain why you think it is obsolete ?

It addresses the configuration in single-file format rather than the
distributed file format that the current packaging (for Debian at least)
uses.

Yes it is true, but this part seems easy once you've understood how to migrate from FR1 to FR2 which is required anyway to do a proper migration.

In fact this would be only a 3 lines changes in the article, so this is easy to fix as most of this HowTo is related to setting other components that FR ;-)

By the way, since I wrote this page, I have switched to 2.1.8 without pb.

Arg!  Were you able to continue using the same configuration, or did it
require a full rebuild?

No of course, when I switched to FR2 I rewrite all my configuration because I wanted a clean setup. It was time for me to remove old tricks I used in FR1 and replace them by unlang.

FR2 is so much more powerful.

 I moved from a rather ancient Gentoo server that I believe was using an 1.x
version to Debian Lenny 2.0.4, then upgraded to the 2.1.8 backport, and I
can't get it to parse DOMAIN//user properly - it ignores the separator and
comes up with a null "realm".  Curiously, it later displays the username as
DOMAIN/name.

I can't help here, because I'm not using realm for PopTop authentication.
However I would check you modules/realm file and the ntdomain realm definition. Then I would double check that the ntodimain instance is enabled in your pre-acct and authorize section.

The current Debian packaging also requres that the mschap module file be
edited, and that a sites-available file be linked to sites-enabled.

Yes this is the new approach.

Thanks for the reply.  I think it's always harder to maintain/upgrade an
existing configuration moved to a new platform than to build one from
scratch.

Yes, especially this FR1 to FR2 migration requires some time, but it's worth it ;-)

Regards,
Thibault

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html