Alan DeKok ha scritto:
Michele Petrazzo - Unipex wrote:
Hi list, I'm trying to install freeradius 2.0.4

Why?  That's a very old version.

Because debian lenny use it. But I just replace it with a new version
(2.1.8) found on lenny-backports.

on debian lenny and, after some googling, I'm arrived at the
freeradius wiki (wiki.freeradius.org/SQL_HOWTO) that create me some
headache...

<sigh>   Could you suggest *more* places for us to add
documentation? The main web page (freeradius.org), and the other
documentation that is included with the server mentions the Wiki. Why
search the net for information when you can read the documentation
included with the software?

It's the "normal" procedure when install a new program. Install with
apt-get install and go with google for look at docs.
Normal I don't find complete docs and example directly on the program's
web pages.

Starting from say that I don't know if this can be wiki or debian
problems (since, like all known, debian make modifies into all
sources), I report here some consideration about that wiki page.
Starting saying that on my default configuration, I haven't found
the "authorise {}" section, but only the authorize ones,

What does that mean?

On the SQL_HOWTO page:
"""
Your radiusd.conf should then look something like this:

authorise {
       preprocess
       chap
       mschap

"""

and on my server:

srv:/etc/freeradius# grep -D skip -R authorise *
srv:/etc/freeradius# echo $?
1

Mean that, unless I'm completely wrong, that the word authorise have to
be authorize.

the other chapter " Populating SQL", refer a table that doesn't
exist on the schema.sql. I'm speaking about usergroup.

The schemas are in raddb/sql/*/dialup.conf.  This is documented in
raddb/sql.conf.

On the various dialup or schema.sql I found references for
"radusergroup" and not for usergroup

A part of ask someone if can modify that page, my question is if
there is a guide to the parameters that I can set to the various
sql tables present on the same page. (for example like that fro the
operators)

The Wiki page you found has exactly this documentation.  It explains
how the tables are used.

Yes,
looking better and reading all the page carefully, all the informations
that I was looking for are there.

Thanks,
Michele
-