Hello list,
I'm using freeradius since 1 month. I'm running freeradius 2.1.9 on fedora 13 with EAP-TTLS and PAP inside the tunnel. The users are authenticated against OpenLDAP. Even if the password is cleartext (PAP), it should be protected by the crypted tunnel. Then the first question is:
Is this mechanism quite secure or do you suggest using another mechanism?

If I'm not wrong, there should be two different methods to get authentication with LDAP as backend. The first is just pass the credentials to the ldap server and try to authenticate. The second is freeradius obtain the password from ldap, strip the header (i.e {crypt} ), take the first two characters of the salt and use it to crypt the password sent by the . If the two hash are the same, the user is authenticated. In this case wich is the best method and how the relevant files have to be modified? Should I modify also ldap.attmap?
Thanks a lot.
Matteo