On 09/10/2010 08:27 AM, Bjørn Mork wrote:
John Horne<john.ho...@plymouth.ac.uk>  writes:

Running Freeradius 2.1.10 on CentOS 5.5 I have been taking a quick look
at the radmin 'hup' command. However, I am having a problem getting it
to work:

   radmin -e hup
   ERROR: You do not have write permission.  See "mode = rw"
   in /var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock

I believe that message is a bit misleading as the "mode = rw" refers to
the control socket configuration (typically in
raddb/sites-enabled/control-socket)
and not to the actual file mode of the socket.

FWIW if you install via Red Hat supplied RPM's this should just work (at least it did the last time I tested). We try to get all these installation details right for a smoother user experience. However, I'll grant you 2.1.10 is not currently available for RHEL 5.

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/