Right... Ok.. so are these different traveling mobile offices in documentation of what is called a VLAN (with a dynamic IP to the internet side of the router that in turn hands out IP's to it's clients) ?

Somehow the router authenticates by something secret that only it and the FreeRadius server knows .. and then the user authenticates via user/password FreeRadius a different way. Assuming the router has to authenticate successfully first before the users turn.

I don't want FreeRadius to hand out IP's.  I think I want the AP to do that.