On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 04:15:47PM -0500, William wrote:
> Greetings,
>   First, Thanks Alan DeKok.  That was exactly what I needed for
> NAS_Showt_Name.
>
>   Second, I just discovered a new issue.  Not sure if this is a radius or a
> MySQL issue.
>
> When I crypt a password (MySQL CRYPT command) the password matches anything
> and everything that matches the first 8 characters of the password.
>
> Is this a limitation of Radius crypt or is it a Mysql crypt ?  I need 16+
> character password that match.
>
> Wm

Crypt has an 8 character limit in its specification. Some screwy
systems play tricks like using the first 7 chars + the last char
of a string longer than 8 chars (MacOS) instead of just the first
8, but it is still eight chars. You will need to use another
encoding system for more characters.

Cheers,
Ken
-