See comments below - johnh...
Phil Mayers wrote:
On 04/03/11 09:46, Alan DeKok wrote:
Isn't that what this code does in rlm_eap_mschapv2.c:

 It's *supposed* to add the error message.  But so far as I can see,
it's never called when the PW_MSCHAP_ERROR is used.

Perhaps I'm mis-reading it?

 Nope.  It's just never used.

 Anyways, due to that (and other) issues, I've attached a new patch.
That *should* just re-use the MS-CHAP-Error string from the MS-CHAP
module, without over-writing it with a fixed error.

Is this a proper statement of the summary of where we are:

1) In freeradius version 2.1.10 and older (at least 1.1.7) when there was
   a bug in that when there was a PW_EAP_MSCHAPV2_FAILURE while there was
   a response sent back to the client but there was no message in the
   response.

2) The patch given resolves that problem - giving the message
   of the rlm_mschap.c module of E=691 R=1

3) It is possible to configure in radius.conf the message on failure by:
====
post-auth {
   Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
     if (reply:MS-CHAP-Error =~ /E=691 R=1/) {
       update reply {
         MS-CHAP-Error := "E=691 R=0"
====

Let me know where I am wrong in these assertions.

I will try to test the patch in our environment and let the results be known next week.

johnh...
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html