>>> Defining all three server whithin one section in modules/ldap
>>>
>>>          ldap {
>>>                  server = "<IP ldap-1>  <IP ldap-2>  <IP ldap-3>"
>>>                  .}
>>>
>>> And setting just "ldap" within authorize and authenticate:
>>>
>>> With this config an other ldap server is choosen, if the one that has
>>> handelt the communication for ldap group extends fails. But failover took
>>> 15 minutes. Thats much too long for us.
>>> (1-3 minutes at most will be acceptable, "zero outage"
>>> gorgeous/expected)

>>It should not take 15 minutes.

>>What is your "net_timeout" set to?

>net_timeout = 1
>timelimit = 2
>timeout = 4

>For testing i added a hostroute to an other gateway (=host unreachable)

OK, i tested around with a single ldap section.
Setting a route to a different interface for testing was a bad idea!
I watched at the connections on the ldap port, and made my tests.
- I made the first request (with positive answer)
- A connection to one server was opend and resides "established"!
- adding the route for that server to an other gateway
- the established connection is still visible (netstat -anlp | grep
<ldap-server-port>)
- all requests for the next 15 minutes fail (server not rachable)
- after 15 minutes, the esablished connection terminates, and a new connection
to an other server is opened. Radius has switched to an other server, and
everything went fine from now on.

But i made the same test again, with "tcpkill" from the dsniff package, instead
of setting a route.
And with this tests radius switches imediately to an other server, no request
fails! :-)

Now is just unclear, will these tests be representative for real ldap-server or
connection problems?

Jan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html