johnboy68 wrote:
> Users with Vista machines and the 802.1X supplicant configured
> Windows Server 2008 with Active Directory
> Other network connected devices and 'unknown' computers
> 100% Cisco LAN/WAN
>
> Here is what I want to do:
>
> Dynamic VLAN assignment based on 802.1X with Freeradius able to use Active
> Directory for the computers with the supplicant configured and also be able
> to use MySQL to do MAC authentication bypass for known devices like printers
> that can't use a supplicant.

  It takes care, but it's not hard.

  Step 1, configure AD authentication.  See my web page:
http://deployingradius.com

  Step 2, configure MAC address authentication.  See the Wiki.

  The key thing is... do each step in isolation.  Don't worry about
changes in Step 1 breaking step 2.  Make sure you understand each piece
in isolation before you try to combine them.

  Once you get that far come back with more questions.

> I don't have much experience with Freeradius but I feel this is something
> that would be a "normal" 802.1X configuration.

  Pretty much, yes.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html