From: freeradius-users-bounces+bjulin=clarku....@lists.freeradius.org
[mailto:freeradius-users-bounces+bjulin=clarku....@lists.freeradius.org] On
Behalf Of Alan Buxey
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 1:00 PM
To: FreeRadius users mailing list
Cc: Alan DeKok
Subject: Re: Next release of the server?

Hi,

> Will 3.0 be configuration compatible with 2.0?

no - it is currently not - mainly because of the new methods used int he
SQL/LDAP etc servers. the current config is now different to the old
config...and the old config will cause the new server to fail at startup.  as
the new features are fundamental to its operation, having some '-compat' flag
to stop new features working would be pointless - as the new code is designed
around the new features.

alan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html