Hello Chris,

Local realms should be defined as empty in raddb/proxy.conf. E.g.:

myrealm {
}

Your current erroneous setting

realm myrealm {
   auth_pool = mypool
}

leads to stripping realm part from User-Name and proxying request to 127.0.0.1.

If you want to completely ignore realm presence in User-Name you need to use %{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}} instead of %{User-Name}. E.g., in rlm_sql configuration:

sql {
   sql_user_name = "%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}}"

Christopher Manigan wrote:
Hi, I am trying to get EAP MSCHAPv2 working with realms.  When I authenticate
without using a realm prefix, MSCHAPv2 works ok.  Once I add a realm prefix in
to the mix, I get radius rejection.  Below is radius running in debug with a
user failing to authenticate.  I see this buried in the debug but am unsure how
to troubleshoot or correct:

[eap] Identity does not match User-Name, setting from EAP Identity.
[eap] Failed in handler
++[eap] returns invalid
Failed to authenticate the user.
Using Post-Auth-Type Reject

Here is the radius debug, with some information changed or removed to keep it
anonymous:

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html