On 07/26/2012 09:11 AM, Alan DeKok wrote:
Arvind Gupta wrote:
I am new for RADIUS server authentication and looking to implement a
RADIUS client. I found that there are many RADIUS client library
available and most popular are libradius and libfreeradius.
figuring out that which one is best and what is pros and cons of each
one. Any information related to this will be more helpful to me.

   The freeradius-client code is BSD licensed, but I don't like the API.

   The libfreeradius-radius code is LGPL'd.  It's much better, but it
does have the LGPL.

   There is a pressing need for a BSD licensed RADIUS library.  Too many
vendors "roll their own".  And get pretty much everything wrong.

What is the (perceived) problem with LGPL?

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/