On 09/10/2012 11:47 PM, Jennifer Mehl wrote:

Here is the output of freeradius -X showing part of the file being read but
then ignored?:

It doesn't look to me like it's ignoring it, which in any event the server doesn't do. It looks like it's just a different file. It's not just the hostname that is different. For example:

  Module: Instantiating module "ucsbnetid" from file
/etc/freeradius/modules/ldap
        server = "localhost"
        filter = "(uid=%u)"
        base_filter = "(objectclass=radiusprofile)"

Here is my /etc/freeradius/modules/ldap file (password obfuscated):

        server = "directory.ucsb.edu"
        filter = "(uid=%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}})"
        base_filter = "(objectclass=ucsbperson)"
        #base_filter = "(objectclass=radiusprofile)"

...amongst (many) others.

You *can't* be editing the same file. Do you have chroot or jails or similar in use, and if so are you editing the file inside the chroot/jail or outside? Are you sure you're not leaving backup "file~" from editors in the directory?
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html