All,

We are having a problem with our Cisco lightweight wireless since a recent firmware upgrade. I am delving into it, and will probably open a TAC case, but in the meantime I need a solution.

The specific issue is that the NAS is sending interim accounting very, very frequently, in violation of the spec, its own config, and the Acct-Interim-Interval.

My suspicion is that the device is sending an accounting update whenever some internal "update" occurs (e.g. migrate to a new AP) and that this is an unintended side effect of some internal changes.

This is killing our SQL database :o(

Until I can get this fixed, can anyone think of an easy way to throw away interim accounting requests for a given "key" and time window? I'm wondering if rlm_cache can be made to do it?

Cheers,
Phil
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html