On 12/05/2012 05:59 PM, laurent.fe...@free.fr wrote:
Moreover, the request list is a read only list. I wanted to modify
the user-name in the authorization function in python, but you
cannot, only rlm_perl is able to do that. Yes, if someone could
enhance the rlm_python it will be great. I looked at the rlm_python
source code, but it is too complex for me. In general, rlm_python
seems not very popular in the freeradius world.. few information..
not sure it is no more experimental, performance

Bear in mind I'm a big fan of Python...

Python doesn't really fit FreeRADIUS well. FreeRADIUS is threaded, and Python has the global interpreter lock, which means it doesn't really do concurrency in threads very well.

TBH I don't think any of the rlm_$language modules are *that* widely used - rlm_perl has it's own problems, rlm_ruby is, well... ruby. And unlang or conditional SQL processing solve many of the problems.

I wonder if a better option wouldn't be something like "rlm_unixsocket" which passes the request down a unix socket in a standard format, and takes the reply in the same way. Then the various interpreters could run "out-of-process".

rlm_rest might be another option.

All that said, the rlm_python code could certainly be improved. There's no reason it couldn't present a much more pythonic API (and a much more complete one - it should be easy to expose server innards like paircompare and so forth).

I might take a look if I get time, but I've got a lot on my plate...
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html