On 20/12/2555 13:48, Budiono Untung wrote:

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 5:16 PM, EasyHorpak.com <i...@easyhorpak.com> wrote:
On 14/12/2555 16:15, Budiono Untung wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to make wifi hotspot , with user-agent as authentication to freeradius . The scenario is like this:
If the user-agent is 'a' then it will rejected
and if user-agent is 'b' then it will be allowed to login page that connected to freeradius as authenticator.

Is above scenario will be possible ?

TIA,
Dion

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
What is your NAS? How your client? authen?
You can use checkval modules to filter user-agent.

Hi ,
My NAS would be Ruckus ZF series , Client is mobile phone. When client using brand x to surfing internet in our hotspot then he/she will be allow to login page, otherwise will be reject with landing page, "you can't allow to access our hotspot" . Allow client will be redirect to login page, he /she need to insert passcode to access the internet.

How do we use checkval for filtering user-agent, please advice.

Regards
Dion

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

I don't know about Ruckus ZF series but the options you need? it runs before user login to freeradius.
freeradius can do nothing without user type username and password and press login.
if your first page is php, you can use function php? user-agent by $_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"];
you must has user-agent database to check and compare then redirect which client you are allowed to login page.

user-agent data from php function look like :

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.64 Safari/537.11

then you need? like :

if(stripos($_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"], "iPad") !== FALSE){

#if client is iPad redirect to login page
echo '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL="">
}else{

#if client is NOT iPad redirect show message
echo "you can't allow to access our hotspot";

}

Hope this helps

Regards
Chuan Chudabut