On 06.03.2013 17:29, René Klomp wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to connect my freeradius server to a mysql database containing all
users. I created a new view to represent the table structure needed by
freeradius, but I a problem with validating the passwords.

The passwords of my users are (from a PHP application) concatenated with a
salt, which is the same for all passwords, and stored using the regular php md5
function: md5($userpass . ':' . $salt)

How can I make freeradius to append this salt to the password as well and
validate the password in the correct way? Is there a default way to do this? Or
should I create a module to do this?

First question, how are your users identifying with freeradius ? PAP ? CHAP ? MSCHAP ? EAP ?

If the password is sent in clear by the user, you could use the md5 xlat function then compare the value in your database.

Olivier
--
 Olivier Beytrison
 Network & Security Engineer, HES-SO Fribourg