On 03/25/2013 11:42 PM, Jaap Winius wrote:

Is this new behavior intentional, or is it simply a bug? In either case,
is there a workaround or a code fix for this, or should I continue to
use 2.1.10?

Actually neither - you should be using 2.2.0 or 2.2.1 when it's release, as the 2.1.10/11/12 releasea have a known security issue.

As to the Auth-Type, it is likely a misconfiguraton that either accidentally worked in older versions of the server and doesn't any more, or broke when you upgraded and the package overwrote something.

I see from the (limited) debug output you've given that you're forcing Auth-Type in a "users" file. This is usually a mistake, and can cause confusing errors.

But in any event, to debug the problem please run:

radiusd -X | tee log

...and examine the output. If the cause isn't clear post the debug output here, and people will be able to comment. At the moment, there's too little info.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html