Hello Arran,

> > Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/auto/Authen/Krb5/Simple/Simple.so' for module
> > Authen::Krb5::Simple: /usr/lib/perl5/auto/Authen/Krb5/Simple/Simple.so:
> > undefined symbol: PL_thr_key at /usr/lib/perl/5.14/DynaLoader.pm line 184.

> * http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=1008893

> The error comes from a module compiled against threaded Perl while
> your Perl installation is not threaded (probably because you
> recompiled it).  The solution is to recompile the module against the
> new Perl.

strange. After recompiling the problem is not gone, but if I compile a
different vesion (freeradius-2.2.0) from scratch it works, I will retry
with the vanilla build.

> What are you talking about?

I'm frustrated about that the Debian package is a) broken and b)
outdated. I hope that someone updates uploads it to SID and fixes the
above error for the current stable release.

I put the list on CC because I get here very valuable input, like the
hint that the problem is that FreeRadius was compiled against single
threaded version of perl.so while the Authen::Krb5::Simple is compiled
against multithreaded version of perl.

Cheers,
        Thomas
-