On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 21:08, Marc-André Moreau <marcandre.mor...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> For each stable release, we should create a new branch. This means that
> when releasing 1.0 stable, we would create a "1.0" branch. The current
> master will then become the future "1.1" branch, and will get all the new
> features and bug fixes. The 1.0 branch would not get the new features, but
> only bug fixes, such that can keep it stable and make maintenance releases,
> such as "1.0.1".

I think we ought to use master, maint and tags way. So we keep only ONE
maintainence branch and one development branch.

One thing that is important is to develop bug fixed on maintainence branch
and merge it onto master so we can merge master into maint when releasing
1.1 and so on.

That works for many projects and I think it will work for us too.

E-mail: ota...@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br
Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br