Hello FreeRDP developers

> I spent a few hours yesterday at looking at the progress of the xrdp
> project. I saw on the xrdp mailing list that the freerdp/xrdp projects
> are getting closer. That's good news!

Yes, I've been integrating FreeRDP into the outgoing RDP connections.
This is used only when using xrdp as an(RDP to RDP) proxy.  I do want
to replace libxrdp with libfreerdp for the incoming connections as
well.
I'm having a a little trouble with stability / memory leaks at the
moment.  It looks like the problems are in the freerdp library.
Anyway, I'll work that out.

> I've discovered and tested the x11rdp backend in order to avoid the more
> traditional VNC/RDP combinaison of xrdp. Performance are quite good, and
> it is sounds much more clean than the VNC X11 backend. I think it should
> deserve a little bit more publicity :-)

I'd have to agree.  I've started building the script for Xorg 7.6.
The Xorg version used in X11rdp is 7.1 which is quite old.
You can see the script here
https://github.com/FreeRDP/xrdp/tree/master/xorg

> Since xrdp and freerdp are getting closer, is there any roadmap for
> improvement of xrdp, and the support for usb mass storage key and
> remotefx (flash video are still a bandwitdh/cpu hog on x11rdp).

My current goal is to match NX on bandwidth.  I'm going to be going a
lot of work on X11rdp for this.  I need to implement off screen
bitmaps, persistent bitmap cache, etc.
It's going to be difficult to match NX but I think we can do it.

Once freerdp is in place on the incoming RDP connections, it would be
pretty easy to hook up the remotefx encoder to x11rdp.
That would be an interesting project.

> PS : for those wishing to test the x11vnc backend, there is a great
> tutorial at

that's x11rdp backend, right :)

> http://scarygliders.net/2011/11/17/x11rdp-ubuntu-11-10-gnome-3-xrdp-customization-new-hotness/

Nice.