Hi Marc-André,

On 5 September 2012 16:30, Marc-André Moreau <marcandre.mor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you try with a fresh git clone?

Thanks for your reply.  I've tried the latest from git and get the same result.

> Once this is excluded, what you are experiencing is unfortunately sign of a
> possible memory corruption.

I had wondered if there was some mismatch between VC runtime versions.
 I know (from bitter experience) that allocating memory in one library
and freeing will cause random crashes.  I don't know any of the
OpenSSL APIs -- is there any place where allocations and frees are
done across the API boundary?  Other than that, I will investigate
memory corruption.

What's odd is that I can only connect to one machine reliably
(ignoring this keyboard issue) in our network.  All the machines I've
tried have been Server 2008 R2 SP1, with the 'security layer' set to
'negotiate' and 'negotiate level' set to 'client compatible'.  One
machines that don't work, I get:

    > wfreerdp.exe --sec tls -a 32 <server>
    Error: protocol security negotiation or connection failure

Or:

    > wfreerdp.exe --ignore-certificate -a 32 <server>
    EncryptMessage status: 0x80090321
    SSL_read: Failure in SSL library (protocol error?)
    SSL_read: error:14094438:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert
internal error

    credssp_recv() error: -1
    Authentication failure, check credentials.
    If credentials are valid, the NTLMSSP implementation may be to blame.
    Error: protocol security negotiation or connection failure

I'm guessing --sec tls is still required.

My only other thought is that the SSL_read error is a red herring --
maybe the other end is just hanging up on what they see as a protocol
error.  I started to debug what PDUs were being sent on keyboard
press, but could see nothing different between ones that worked and
ones that terminated the connection.

Is there a chance two PDUs could be sent at the same time, thereby
corrupting the data buffer?

Thanks again,
Matthew