Le 21/05/2015 11:04, Mauro Condarelli a écrit :
> Hi,
> I need to implement some kind of Remote Desktop for an embedded board. Specs
> are:
>
>     ARM processor (Freescale i.MX6 Quad)
>     Linux OS (currently 3.16.1)
>     Wayland Compositor (Closed Source, from XSe)
>     Qt libs and various Qt-based programs (no gnome)
>
> I am aware Weston already includes RDP, but I don't have Weston.
> Optimal would be some stand-alone program like x0vncserver, I do not care
> (too much) for performance.
> Unfortunately that is strictly for X11 (which I do not have).
> I do not know if FreeRDP has something comparable.
>
> Can someone suggest either a ready-made product or some other way to achieve
> this?
> i.e.: some way to grab the framebuffer (possibly via UDEV) and use it in a
> custom FreeRDP server;
> I'm not scared by coding, but as I do not know anything of the specifics of
> RDP and Wayland, I would need specific hints.
Hello Mauro,
I wrote the RDP compositor, and from my point of view it doesn't have so
much that is weston specific.

Except if the compositor has exotic extensions you can't have an
equivalent of x0vncserver (a weston client that captures all the screen
and transmit it over VNC), because of the separation of clients in
wayland. If you're interested the guys from tightVNC have worked on the
subject. The only possible solution is that the compositor helps to do
the remote access. You could of course write an application that
directly read in the framebuffer with the limitation that: I'm not sure
that 2 applications can open a fb device simultaneously, and you will
probably have some tearing if you read the fb content while the
compositor is writing in it.

Anyway to write a FreeRDP based server, the RDP compositor or the
FreeRDP shadow servers are a good start to see how to use FreeRDP's
server-side APIs.

Best regards.

---
David FORT