I have a Windows machine that I RDP into for work that:

1) locks the screen after a period of inactivity, and
2) runs a messaging program that turns my status to "away" after a
period inactivity

Since this is an RDP session, only mouse movements or keyoard input in
the RDP window register as activity.

The later issue has become a problem at my work because it looks like
I'm not at my desk as often as I actually am if I am not actively
working in the RDP session.

So, this is my question: is it possible to configure FreeRDP to
register mouse movements and keyboard input anywhere in the OS as mouse
movements and keyboard input in the RDP session?