Hello,

I'm using freerdp to check RDP availability of a Win10 virtual machine.
The command used is:

/usr/bin/xfreerdp /cert-ignore /auth-only /u:$USER /p:$PASS /v:$HOST

Every time this command is launched, the svchost.exe process related to
"TermService" grows around 8MB in its "private bytes" memory. That
memory is never returned to the system and in a few days some messages
related to "resource exhaustion" are logged and eventually RDP stops
working. At that time, that svchost.exe has more than 10GB of "private
bytes". Win10 needs to be restarted for RDP to work again.

Adding memory or a bigger pagefile to the VM only delays the time when
RDP stops working, it will eventually fail anyway.

Do you think this is caused by FreeRDP shutting down the connection
without notifying the RDP Server?  In the end, I believe this is a
Windows issue, because just as it is right now is very easy to create a
DoS to a Win10 RDP server.

Off topic: is there any other way to test RDP authentication?

Thanks a lot.