Hi,

You're correct, the /gfx:avc444 parameter of the client announces that
capability to the server. (if the client is compiled with support)

The server is always free to send whatever it deems best.

As for the crash, the windows shadow server (as the whole windows port)
is in need of some testing.

What might be the reason is the H264 backend compiled in, you might want
to start with OpenH264 which is tested for various platforms and check
if it works with that.

The windows specific backend should work, but then again, that was some
time ago.

best

Armin