On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 at 18:19, Henrique Martins via FreeRDP-devel <
freerdp-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> In client/X11/xf_window.c, xf_CreateDesktopWindow, I'd like
> the call to set the window title:
>   xf_SetWindowTitleText(xfc, window->handle, name);
> to be done before mapping the window with:
>   XMapWindow(xfc->display, window->handle);
> (patch against master below).
>
> I use fvwm styles, triggered by window names, to potentially
> move new windows to a given virtual desktop and page.  The
> way it is coded now the window comes up as 'Untitled', and
> thus can't be placed automatically.  I've tried the patch
> below and it works.

It seems to be a sound change with a good reason behind it. X11 window
names are properties of windows. It does not depend on whether the window
is mapped (visible) or not. So you can totally set the name before the
window is made visible.