Hi,

Yes, the pooling could require some fine tuning (and specially the
channels could reduce the number of threads used)

As you already recognized, we mainly use it with 1 connection, but per
context. Every context managing resources on its own.

To answer your question, yes, we´re always interested in patches that
can bring down overall resource usage and enhance configurability.

Might not be everything you´ve done (if it is too specific) but
especially threading and event management could be interesting.

regards

Armin