Hi,

On 30/7/19 10:02 pm, Armin Novak via FreeRDP-devel wrote:
> you might want to try adding /rfx for the win7 machines.

Didn't help, but read on for success.

> Other than that there are certain limitations on total and per
> monitor resolutions that have been greatly extended since the days
> of win7.
>
> According to
> https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/31983.remo
te-desktop-protocol-maximum-supported-resolutions.aspx

you´re reaching the limit in your case.

Well, it reads to me that the max resolution of a monitor is 4096 (w)
x 2048 (h) -- so the 3860 is okay, but the 2160 is too high.

If I drop down the resolution to 2560x1440 then it works as expected,
but I didn't want to use this resolution and lose the 4K capability.

So... I followed this support link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2592687/remote-desktop-protocol
- -rdp-8-0-update-for-windows-7-and-windows-serve

I found that RDP 8.0 was already installed!  But I needed to enable it
using further instructions from the link....

With RDP 8.0 enabled, I get the desired full resolution of both screens!

Thanks for the heads up on the limitations from the link you provided.

Kind Regards
AndrewM