Hi Stefan,
https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/blob/2.0.0/ChangeLog "sha256 is now used
instead of sha1 to fingerprint certificates." - sha1 is considered insecure
in general. You can also question whether self-signed certs are secure at
all.. i.e. you are definitely better of using trusted certificates and
training your end users to cancel any connections with certificate
warnings/errors.
Good to know some distros pick up 2.0.0.
Best Regards, Joachim

<freerdp-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>