Hi Martin,

I played with directFB within FreeRDP a few years back as I wanted to use
it for a project but was not able to spend enough time on it and started
looking for another solution.

It seems that the FreeRDP folks pulled directFB support from FreeRDp with
the last release that I could find being Release 2.0.0-RC4 and although I
had also tried to ask if they could, or would, add it back into the latest
versions, it seemed that they were not interested or had the available time
to do it.

I actually still need a viable RDP client with all of the capabilities of
FreeRDP that allows for directFB and may try to look back into it more if I
can get some time.

This is just my two cents worth and there may be other options or you may
have better luck than I did so I wish you the best in this effort.
Cheers,
Lonnie