Hello list,

I help manage a fleet of thousands of mostly Windows VMs. I run a Fedora
workstation.

I often copy and paste between RDP sessions. Meaning, on my Fedora box I open
an RDP session to Windows Server A and an RDP session to Windows Server B, then
copy text on Windows Server A and paste the text on Windows Server B.

Recently Fedora updated from FreeRDP v2.x to v3.x. When I got the update I lost
the ability to copy and paste between sessions. Is this expected? I can still
copy from, ex, notepad in an RDP session to gedit on my Fedora workstation, and
from gedit to notepad in an RDP session.

I'm running Fedora 40, XFCE. Also tried KDE.

xfreerdp is called in a script that allows the user to specify various options,
like this:

Params="/size:${SizeXScaled}x${SizeYScaled} \
        /scale:100 \
        /scale-desktop:$Scale \
        /audio-mode:1 \
        /bpp:16 \
        /gdi:hw \
        /rfx \
        /network:auto \
        /clipboard \
        +window-drag \
        /sec:tls:on \
        /sec:rdp:off \
        /sec:nla:on \
        /cert:ignore \
        /v:$Server_Name \
        /u:$User_Name \
        /d:$Domain \
        /p:$Password "

xfreerdp $Params

Regards,

Brent Gardner

Senior Cloud Engineer - Ipro Cloud
145 S. Wells Suite 600
Chicago, IL 60606, USA
www.revealdata.com
bgard...@revealdata.com

** Follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates **

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This email message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that
is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender immediately by telephone, and destroy any hard copies.