I'm working on including this variable that contains a directory path
to copy the entire $FREESBIEBASEDIR in it before doing the
modification needed for iso final filesystem. The main advantage is
that the original fs is not altered, and subsequent fs modification
will be almost immediately done. We have had this problem many times
during the release ISO creation, and dave had to backup the filesystem
manually before creating the iso. The main disadvantage is that twice
of the space on the hard disk is required. What do you think about it?

I'm also working on substituting create_compressed_fs with mkuzip(1)
hoping this will lead to a slight increment of performances.

Bye and happy 1st May,
Dario

--
Dario Freni ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - satu on Azzurra
FreeSBIE developer (http://www.freesbie.org)